Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Looking for Spring

It's the time of year when I start to look for Spring and unfortunately, where I live, it's buried under several feet of snow. The logical thing to do is to find a beach in Mexico, a comfy chair, a hardcover copy of Wuthering Heights, and at various intervals stand up, click red high heels together and say, "I don't want to go back home, I don't want to go back home, I don't want to go back home". 
  
Mexico, comfy chair, book...all realized, and wonderful. The clicking of high heels... apparently does not work without a fairy godmother, so back home I go. 

Once back home, I again looked for Spring.
This time I found it in the summer grass of a photograph of  dd,   
     
a milk glass pedestal with seashells,


 a glass vase filled with treasures of the ocean,

 a starfish accompanied by tarnished silver,

 and speckled blue eggs in a white birdcage.


I guess Spring can be found, if we look really hard.

It's not too early to display some of those items that help you "feel" like it's Spring. Do you remember where they're stored? If not, remember, you can always search for Spring on http://www.etsy.com/


PS: Thought you might ejoy seeing a couple of pictures of a wedding reception being set up on the beach. After dark, the torches and lanterns were lit. It was a gorgeous sight.

Blessings,
Ele

3 comments:

Judi said...

Hi Ele
Welcome home!...well I guess I should not say it with such emphasism because you aren't so happy to be back. I wondered where you've been...and I've missed you.
It sound like you had a great time and you were able to avoid some of this white stuff...well spring has to be coming soon and you showed off some pretty spring pieces too.

Have a great weekend.
Judi

vivian said...

ahhh! mexico! lucky you. I've been daydreaming about beachy days! Cant wait!
welcome home. I hope youre feeling refreshed and ready to finish out the last few weeks of winter!
hugs
vivian

Caleen said...

How fun for you to spend time in Mexico. To have a break from the snowy cold. I hope you had a lovely time. Love your pictures and Love all the beautiful reminders of Spring. Have a lovely week. :)