Monday, February 20, 2012

olio board

 http://www.olioboard.com is an amazing design site that allows you to create an inspiration board, and lets you know where you can purchase the items.
 
I'm seriously in love.
I recently spent an afternoon in a furniture store aimlessly wandering the aisles for bedroom inspiration. I found little, and the massive bedroom sets (although pretty) provided little in the way of softness and mismatched  look I want to achieve. 

Oilio Board to my rescue!  

I love mismatched. It gets my attention, so the above Olio Board is the bedroom "look" I would like to achieve.

1. I started with basic pieces: luscious tufted headboard, mirrored side table, neutral chair, and large barn wood colored dresser. 

2. I like mixing silver and gold, of which the mirrored table has both. I added the gorgeous gold shimmery chandy, the great London silver clock, the mirror, (which also has silver and gold), and the silver lamp with a neutral shade. 

3. I believe in neutrals, (YES I admit). Boring, boring, boring nuetrals, so the bedding, the rug (nice design), and laundry basket were added next. At this point, I could add more neutrals with lots of texture for a shabby french look, or I could add color. 

4. Since I'm not the only one who resides in this room, I chose to add a little color: purple velvet pillows (which I already have, yay!),  a lime green pillow, a lime tufted footstool that reflects the headboard and has great chocolate legs. With a neutral base, any color would work in this space. And, in the future the pops of color can be changed!

Have fun playing with Olio Board!
Ele

1 comment:

vivian said...

well, I guess I need to go check that out! Just what I need something else on the internet to entertain myself with!
I have a feeling your bedroom will turn out beautifully!
have a great week
xoxo
vivian