Organizing apartment living, means you have to fit many items into a fairly small space, (especially for a daughter). This earring hanger is "oh so easy" to make, and pretty cute, to boot.......speaking of boots, they are strategically lined up in the walk in closet, but lets just stick to jewelry today.
Here's how we made it, (not our original idea, but thought I'd share just the same!).
- Bought a large cork bulletin board, (cheapest one we could find with a plain wood border)
- Spray pained the front of the board with a matt black, and a little on the underside around the edges
- Cut strips of red velvet ribbon to fit inside the frame
- Used a staple gun to staple ribbon in place, (a staple on each end and one in the middle)
- Put a decorative tack over the middle staple to help hold ribbon in place
- We left the outside staples uncovered, but you could put a tack on the ends also
- Hang earrings, (it doesn't work for posts, only loops)
We found this little chippy door knob beauty at a consignment store just waiting for us.
A pure genius of a decorating soul had attached doorknobs to a wooden back. It makes a perfect necklace hanger.
Have an amazing weekend!