Monday, October 29, 2012

Vintage Dishtowel Pillow

When the snow starts swirling around outside, my sewing matching starts calling, "come play with me!" So play, I did. I had a stack of vintage dishtowels with lovely stripes down the side, (remember in a past post my son bought them and was going to use them for oil rags in the shop. NO!).

While the snow whirled, so did my sewing machine. Two wonderful towels became a pillow.

The vintage dishtowels had loops on the ends, so I used a burlap ribbon and tied them together.


Two blue and yellow striped vintage dish towels have been recycled, upcycled, and remade into a comfy pillow.

Have a blessed week,
Ele

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hi Ele- I am back from my blogging break. What a cute pillow! I have never seen any with a loop on one end. That must have been to hang then up with? Have a wonderful Monday- I am going to sew later this week, too, I hope! xo Diana

vivian said...

love the pillow! great idea. Ive had pillows on my mind.. I need to make a thanksgiving pillow! lol!
Happy Halloween!
xoxo
viv

CatieAn said...

Hi Ele I am back from a very long blogger break but always love to visit your blog. Love the pillows. Sorry you already have or have had snow.
catie