Friday, November 14, 2014

Rhinestone Broach Wreath

Black velvet and rhinestone/pearl broaches come together in a circle wreath. My original plan was to make a Christmas wreath, but I feel like this could be carried through past the Holidays.
I'm really pleased with the black sparkle velvet I selected. It provides a nice contrast with the rhinestones and pearls, and the light blue of the wall. 
 
Rhinestone and pearl broaches circle the wreath, but center
 stage is a large blingy rhinestone flower.
 
If you're wondering how I made this, I used a spool of holiday ribbon (30ft. but didn't use all of it), and wrapped it around a white dense stryofoam wreath (not the green type). I secured the very last end ribbon with a decorative pearl pin, (in the back). Another ribbon piece acts like a hanger, (also secured with a pearl pin). Broaches were attached with their pinback stuck straight into the foam. A few pearl pins were used to further secure the broaches.  

Rhinestone and pearl broaches in a classic circle wreath.
 
Blessings, Ele
 
 





 

No comments: