Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Presto Chango Slipcover

Presto chango, also known as attention defecit decorating, happens a lot at my house. Things are constantly changing. I have a stash of items, in addition to holiday decor, that I am constantly switching out, and furniture pieces (usually smaller items) that move from room to room. I'm actually very satisfied with how it initially looks,  but the "little voice" just won't let me rest.

The cooking fairy (known as dear daughter, pink girl) made supper last evening, and what was I to do? free time=crafting and decorating. 

This chair received a new slipcover. The slipcover as well as the original chair were purchased at Pier 1. The slipcover had great style, and I LOVE the ruffles. 

This is what the chair looked like before I put the slipcover on it. I like the before, but it's nice to have another option. It has moved from the sunroom to the sitting room, and is making friends nicely. "She" certainly looked cheerful before, but now, she just feels a little prettier.  

Congratulations to the ladies that won my giveaway, lovely things studio and recycled rita!

Now, if the cleaning fairy would just show up...........................
Have a blessed day,
Ele

6 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Beautiful! Gotta love slip covers!

The Charm House said...

Too cute!!! I have never seen this at Pier 1. Have to go back with different eyes next time! You have the best!
Yvette

NanaDiana said...

Really, really cute. I love slipcovers. They're the best! Diana

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Love the change.Your slipclover is just beautiful.I love your chair also.
I'm having a give away to celebrate my return to blogland and the holidays...pop on over and put your name in the pot,
XXOO Marie Antionette

Shirl said...

Hello Ele, what a beautiful chair and slipcover, I had no idea Pier 1 had such cute things. I love the ruffles!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

vickie said...

So pretty, love the slipcover, I'm a "ruffle" girl too!
xoxo
Vickie